Job: Rock Climbing Instructor
Job Status: Part TimeShare this page
As a Rock Climbing Instructor, you will provide excellent customer service and climbing instruction to all levels of climbers during assigned lesson programming.
Encourage members to push their personal comfort zones and physical fitness. Monitor rock wall area to ensure safety of all climbers and provide general instruction on climbing techniques in a fun, enthusiastic, and safe environment during Open Wall and group events.
- Provide organized climbing instruction in a safe atmosphere
- Explain and demonstrate climbing equipment, techniques, and hand and feet climbing methods
- Supervise members on the wall to ensure safety procedures are adhered to
- Promote and sell rock wall programs within the club and community
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months to one year climbing experience (indoors or out)
- Previous indoor climbing gym work experience or 6 months of work experience as a Rock Climbing Team Member for Life Time
- Six months experience instructing climbing programs to both youth and adults (indoors or out)
- Belay certified
Applicant must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified timeframe. Requirements vary by state. A complete list of requirements is available from the hiring manager.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
· Tuberculosis test
· All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
· Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
· Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time background check
· Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
· Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.