Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aon is the leading global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in Risk, Retirement and Health at a time when those topics have never been more important to the global economy. Aon develops insights - driven by data and delivered by experts - that reduce the volatility our clients face and help them maximize their performance.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Producer (Risk, Retirement and Health) in our Southfield (Detroit), MI office.
- Responsible for bringing new business to Aon.
- Provides leadership to organize internal industry and product resources to develop Aon’s value proposition and strategic plan.
- Sells complex services/solutions and may be selling to a C-Suite level at prospects with an emphasis on cross-selling all Aon solutions.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current trends.
- Identifies, develops and cultivates prospects for Aon solutions and positions Aon to win the work.
- Together with other Aon subject matter experts, uncovers and identifies prospect needs, primary goals and corporate and departmental objectives.
- May be responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing and executing large projects/ programs.
- Serves as a senior member of the production team and may serve as a mentor or strategic advisor to other less seasoned producers
- Frequently interacts with senior level colleagues and prospects, frequently involving matters between different departments (i.e. – Finance and HR), other company divisions or units.
- Leads team selling efforts internally and with the prospects team.
- Often leads cooperative effort among members of a project team to deliver results.
- Able to influence outcomes beyond the scope of their individual function.
- Manage a team or play the lead role in the management of a portfolio of prospects’ business.
- Delegates responsibility and provides guidance to team members.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and experience and in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry and our products and services.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10 years of experience in selling insurance or related products.
- Experience within in the insurance industry preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to adhere to and champion the sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is preferred.
- Active Life and Health and/or P&C license or willingness to obtain.
This position is provided a base salary plus commission based on the amount of business brought into the firm.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.