Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director - Total Quality Management
at Art Van Furniture
Under direction of the COO and or Vice President of Distribution takes on an approach to long term company success through guest / employee focused organization. Using continuous improvement strategies, data and effective communications integrates the quality discipline into culture and activities. Direct and oversee the repairing of merchandise damaged in warehouse or on delivery trucks. Ensuring vendors are sending quality product or working to return or replace damaged goods. Direct all activities through lower level managers and supervisors involved in the assigned areas within the distribution center. Establish department policies and procedures. the Director will be responsible for the following Key Results:
- Cost of Quality
- Repair Center
- Guest satisfaction
- Quality Control
- Employee Engagement
- Lean Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement
- Labors Costs
- Eliminate Handling damages and Factory Defects
- Reduce costs associated with damage & defects
. Other responsibilities include:
- Create, Modify and implement quality control processes and procedures to ensure compliance and quality deliverables.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives.
- Determine overall staffing levels and shift alignment; monitor and control overtime.
- Develop metrics to monitor and evaluate the work of staff and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Create and maintain the budget for repair center and quality control group.
- Oversee quality of the assembly process, of the merchandise being delivered, the repair of merchandise, and overall quality with vendors.
- Educate and train associates as to their impact of in the quality management system.
- Involve/Mentor/Training of employee’s involvement and integrating quality into the design process throughout product distribution and product service.
- Interact with cross functional groups (Merchandising, Stores, Finance) to drive quality culture.
- Process Centered: Focus placed on Processes, Inputs, Outputs, Suppliers and Guest.
- Continual Improvement: Lead/Drive organization to be analytical and creative.
- Fact based decision making to improve accuracy.
- Deployment of DMAIC model (Lean Six Sigma). Use strategic planning that integrates quality as core component emphasizing on the control to the deployment.
- Communicating/Facilitating strategies and methods to maintain moral and motivation during change.
- Establish and recommend procedure improvements to drive quality.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS).
- Management Responsibilities:
- Repair Center Duty: Oversee Shop Manager II. Clear paths and provide guidance and support to Repair Center operations. Responsible for shared results.
- Product QC/RTI Duty: QC manager reports to Director of Quality. Clear paths and provide guidance to QC/RTI operations. Responsible for shared results.
- Maintain/Create data report outs that are relevant to cost of quality.
Management responsibilities include hiring, and firing; establishing work schedules, managing time and attendance; provides training, assigning, directing and reviewing work; writing and delivering performance reviews; and addressing performance/conduct issues through the corrective action process for Vendor Returns/QC Team and Repair Center Staff.
Skill / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of increasing responsibility in guest service, furniture shop environment, retail or related field including minimum of three (3) years in a lead supervisory role.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated ability in planning / managing multiple projects, decision making, and problem analysis and resolution control. Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills. Strong guest orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Relevant skill. Proficient in Word and Excel and database software systems. Six Sigma Black Belt / Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Working Conditions: Work generally performed in a warehouse, office and shop environment. As required store visits and or other locations may be required. Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around a warehouse environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Ability to travel as needed. Frequently lifts, climbs, kneels, pushes, and pulls while performing inspections of merchandise repairs and warehouse stock.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at