Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infrastructure Architect, Information Systems
at Art Van Furniture
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking an Infrastructure Architect in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Infrastructure Architect? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Services, you will be responsible for design and managing the infrastructure architecture and encompassing the corporate, warehouses and stores premises. Maintaining broad and deep technical skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, desktop, security, and network infrastructure.
- Develop roadmaps that define the future state technology architecture and recommend where and when work will be done to evolve to this future state
- Lead and design the technical infrastructure processes, integrate solutions into existing infrastructure, consult on development projects, help deploy solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Develop and document reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation
- Project manage infrastructure changes, and infrastructure components of initiatives
- Participate on application or infrastructure implementation projects to ensure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards, and modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project needs
- Works with the Security Operations Manager to co-own the Art Van disaster recovery program and is responsible for working with internal teams and vendors for laying down the policies, procedures and guidelines and make sure they are executed properly
- Provide Level 3 infrastructure support expertise to maintain the network infrastructure, platform operating systems, and ensure IT Infrastructure performance meets company and IT customer requirements
- Manage workload with approved vendors and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services. Experience working with an environment that contains third parties an vendors to provide the engineering and "hands on" functions
- Provide details for completion of RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
Skill / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or related study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience conceiving, architecture, engineering, and administering technology in a distributed environment with capabilities in at least 5 of the following IT disciplines and technologies: infrastructure architecture, network, middleware, desktop, storage, relational databases, layered software services like system monitoring, scheduling and backup/recovery, application development, disaster recovery, servers (Windows and Unix platforms), enterprise voice and collaboration, and virtualization.
- Experienced with modern cloud computing and distributed environments
- Solid understanding of IP-based network architecture and contemporary virtualization technologies
- Proven success on projects with large-scale deployments
- Experience in capacity and performance management
- Excellent listening, written and verbal presentation skills, strong data-based, analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational ability
- Proven analytic skills and the ability to isolate and resolve complex issues.
- Strength in building architectural roadmaps, business cases, strong understanding and vision of next generation networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to defend and support ideas.
- Demonstrated communication skills working with senior executives
- Understanding of application life-cycle management methodology is preferred
- Additional Skills:
- CISCO UCS Director, CISCO ACI, CISCO APIC-EM, and CISCO DNA
- Microsoft Azure
- DevOPS experience
- Have a solid understanding of Storage and Backup platforms
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.