Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Change Manager, Information Systems
at Art Van Furniture
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a IT Change Manager in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a IT Change Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, IT Service management, you will be responsible for providing managing the IT change control processes and provide leadership in laying down the change management guidelines, working with the team in assessing the changes for its impact while ensuring all the interdependencies have been satisfied before deploying the change into the IT environment. You will also own and run the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and associates processes and work with sponsors in getting approvals, if needed.
- Evaluates and defines the Change Management process, standard operating procedures, templates and checklists with consideration to the goals and objectives of Art Van. Uses the ITIL process model and methodology to guide efforts
- Implements and runs the Change Advisory Board (CAB), which provides input into the decision-making process for new and completed changes, emergency and scheduled changes, and to prioritize and assess the impact of all submitted change requests eligible for a production release during each scheduled meeting
- Analyzes change requests, ensures it meets the defined acceptance criteria and communicate the changes to respective stakeholders
- Manages risks and resolves issues that impact the release schedule or quality of the changes included in the release
- Works with all teams to drive continuous improvements to change and/or release procedures
- Ensure proper documentation of the results of the change implemented - what factors contributed to a failed release and/or reports of new incidents related
- Identifies and participates in capturing the interdependencies between all configuration items to build and maintain a change management database to facilitate the effective evaluation of the impact and risks associated with each change request both independently and collectively
- Trains and supports software development teams in the practice and use of the Change Management process and tools
- Provides metrics on the adherence to the Change Management process and the impact of the business.
Skill / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- BS/BA in related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization.
- Expertise in ITIL service management framework.
- Excellent communication (internal customer and interpersonal), technical and analysis skills.
- Maintains high degree of professionalism and works well in a team environment.
- Detailed oriented, strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledgeable in various tools relating to the Management of Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge Management and reports.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.