Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paralegal - General
at Art Van Furniture
Paralegal - Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture, Michigan’s premier furniture retailer and the top furniture retailer in the Midwest, is seeking an experienced paralegal professional to join our expanding legal department.
In this role, reporting to the Vice President - General Counsel, you will be responsible for a variety of paralegal duties, including:
- Perform legal research regarding various legal issues
- Draft legal correspondence as required to assist the GC
- Assist staff attorney in litigation support such as drafting and filing pleadings, and preparing and answering discovery documents
- Draft and revise contract and other transactional documents
- Maintain Intellectual Property files, perform trademark research as required
- Perform various administrative tasks in support of GC role
- Improve and streamline existing practices using current technology
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires:
- Paralegal certification (ABA certification preferred).
- 2-3 years of experience as a paralegal, preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
- Experience in both litigation and transactional support
- Experience drafting legal and general correspondence
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to grammar and detail required to ensure that all documentation is prepared in a professional, accurate and timely manner
- Excellent computer skills with competency in MS Office Suite and ability to recommend process improvements
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) with company matching contributions.