Beaumont Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nurse - Nursing MedSurg Unit
at Beaumont Health System
Beaumont Hospital Taylor
Nursing MedSurg Unit
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
2 West is comprised of a 23 bed Med/Surg Unit and a 23 bed Post-Surgical Unit. We have a very friendly staff who are welcoming and willing to mentor new RNs. We handle medium to high acuity patients with a nurse to patient ratio of 1:5-6. Our team is passionate about patient care and shared governance.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and committees.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
- Education/Licensure: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD – if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty. RN with active license in State of Michigan, AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers.