Concordia University Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Donor Relations
at Concordia University Wisconsin
- 26-Aug-2019 to 13-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Full Time
Concordia University seeks applications for the full-time, staff, exempt position of Director of Donor Relations at the Ann Arbor, MI campus of Concordia University. This position will build a network of University constituents, which includes alumni, parents, donors, foundations, and donor prospects. The Director of Donor Relations will personally participate in prospect identification, research, cultivation and solicitation, especially focusing on gifts and grants of $1,000 or more. This is a full-time position that reports to the Vice President of Advancement.
- Help identify and cultivate new major gifts prospects
- Establish and manage a schedule of donor cultivation and gift solicitation visits, especially among key alumni, parents, University friends, and community leaders
- Manage a portfolio of no more than 100 donors and donor prospects
- Assist School Dean with philanthropic work
- Work closely with members of the Advancement team in planning and execution of special events related to major gift fundraising
- Work collaboratively with the members of the Advancement staff to accomplish the goals of the University
Knowledge and Abilities
- Development techniques
- Interpersonal skills using tact and patience through oral and written communication
- Build lasting relationships with prospects and donors
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action with multiple tasks
- Understanding of the LCMS, its structure, and historical relationship to Concordia University
- Understanding of Concordia's mission statement and ability to interpret it to all constituents
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Be available for evening and weekend work as needed.
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree is required and at least three years of experience that relates directly to fundraising or sales. A degree in business or marketing is preferred. Must be computer literate with an understanding of development or fundraising techniques.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Starting wage is dependent upon on individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.
Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.