Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Formulation Chemist
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: BEC013902
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Formulation Chemist leads the Formulation team at Lumigen to manufacture and develop all products. The position will provide technical assistance to the R&D team, new product transfer to manufacturing and QC trouble shooting. The Chemist would be responsible for maintaining current Lumigen Product Formulary and mentor Manufacturing technicians and other formulation Chemists. The Chemist will have demonstrated experience in most modern spectral techniques (NMR, UV/Vis, LC/MS) to elucidate chemical structures and apply knowledge to understand reaction mechanisms to solve problems. A chemist with demonstrated knowledge of enzyme kinetics (AP, HRP) is highly desirable.
- Lead Chemist for Lumigen Formulation team
- Maintain Lumigen Formulary of existing high performance chemiluminescent products
- Serves as Formulation/Product expert for Lumigen/Beckman and its customers
- Exercises independent judgment
- Partners with R&D, Quality, customers, and suppliers to resolve product issues
- Extends knowledge through hands-on training with most senior scientists of Lumigen and other Beckman Coulter sites, external training, and contact with customers
- Partners internally with Manufacturing and R&D to scale up manufacturing as new customers are acquired, including support for and preparation of SOP's as needed
- Makes business driven decisions to guide workflow
- PhD in Physical Organic Chemistry 2 year experience
- Buffer system & pH measurement experience necessary
- ELISA development experience highly desirable
- Surfactant system formulation experience desirable
- Luminometry experience desirable
- Will develop new formulations and troubleshoot existing product formulations and materials
- Proven track record of complex product formulation
- 4 years NMR, UV/Vis, and other modern spectral analysis experience
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.