Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 15-Jul-2019 (EST)
- APT - Project Management
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Durr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology:Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: Exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems:Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: Southfield, MI
Manage multiple projects ranging from mid-size application systems to small upgrades from PO to successful completion.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Communicate closely with the customer to support technical requirements of projects.
- Schedule and attend all required project meetings with all internal and external customers.
- Make technical decisions as to equipment function and design necessary to comply with the project contract. Coordinates the required expertise to solve technical problems.
- Review customer's process requirements and select equipment needed to meet process.
- Review all contractual customer specifications to ensure that the engineers are aware of and follow requirements.
- Prepare project status updates and budget reports as required by the Director.
- Travel to customer sites to perform pre-engineering tasks.
- Attend customer meetings and be able to make technical decisions.
- Understand fully fluid and pneumatic control circuits. Understand electrical power circuits.
- Has high level of understanding of application principles.
- Has high level of understanding of material supply systems and principles incl special supply systems (be able to perform pressure drop and flow rate calculations)
- Able to read and create drawings in AutoCAD
- Review bills of materials.
- Create work orders and/or purchase requests for manufacturing of assemblies and systems.
- Release engineering drawings.
- Develop and maintain project schedule and communicate updates and changes to project team and customer.
- Maintains high ethical standards of conduct for all activities.
- Understands sealer/paint process techniques and can discuss processes with customers.
- Capable of hands on work.
- Maintain and monitor project budgets and revenue.
- Develop invoicing schedule and coordinate invoicing activities
- Coordinate status meetings and activities with project team and customer.
- Facilitate the resolution to scope and technical issues.
- Coordinate contract changes.
- Coordinate installation and subcontractor activities work closely together with the site manager.
- Coordinate all project activities with the customer.
- Provide weekly and monthly status and financial reports.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, extensive hours and variable shift patterns.
- Manage personnel for all activities related to the project. This includes engineering, installation, and subcontractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing $1-$15 million projects in robot paint application and material supply systems
- Very knowledgeable of mechanical and electrical products relating to paint and sealer application equipment and robotic systems.
- Very capable of reading electrical and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Very capable of performing material pressure drop calculation, flow rate calculation and/or all required calculation related to material and compressed air supply systems
- Knowledgeable of US codes and regulations
- Experienced with Quality systems, ie. ISO 9000, QS 9000, ISO 14001.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects and SAP
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to delegate to department employees as required to complete tasks on time
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Must possess valid driver's license and have the ability to obtain a passport
- Spanish and/or German language skills would be beneficial
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening and weekend work are required. May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
This position requires frequent travel, more than 30%. Travel can be both overnight and during the business day, and can be both local and international.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Durr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.