Evans Distribution Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Evans Distribution Systems
# of openings:
Evans Distribution Systems is a respected and dependable provider of logistics services in the US. We were founded in 1929 on West Fort St. and 10th St. in downtown Detroit. We have grown and have a presence in most major markets in the Midwest. One of our founding principles is that people make the difference. We are looking for great, talented people to continue our growth and success.
Our Transportation Division has openings for experienced Logistics Coordinator to manage our three operating companies. These companies are made up of Company Drivers, Owner Operators and trusted Carrier Partners. We utilize the latest technology in tracking, route management and communication. Our Coordinators and Support Staff are a team, we help each other out.
These positions are competitive hourly paid with opportunities overtime. Medical (BCBS or BCN), Dental and Optical insurance is available with low annual deductibles.
The shift available are 12:00pm to 8:30pm.
Our offices are located off I-75 and Outer Drive in Melvindale.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate critical load and delivery information to Evans’ Customers.
- Update load status on Transportation Management System.
- Send messages to Drivers via an E-Log device.
- Assign Drivers to loads and routes throughout the entire shift.
- Update Customer portals. (ex. STARS, Ryder LMS and Penske)
- Assist in achieving high safety standards and adhering to DOT regulations.
- Notify Management on any equipment concerns.
- Track loads assigned to our Carrier Partners.
- Look for backhaul opportunities on internet load boards.
- Complete daily shift turnover notes.
- College Degree or equivalent Industry Experience.
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is helpful.
- Good computer skills. Experience in Excel, Outlook, and any TMS is a plus.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must pass pre-employment screening.
Please submit your resume and any documentation we should consider. We will only accept and consider resumes/applications that are submitted through our company website at www.evansdist.com/careers.aspx Call our Human Resources Department if you have any questions (313)827-9182.