First Merchants Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Associate - Hire Ahead (Teller)
at First Merchants Corporation
Service Associate - Hire Ahead (Teller)
Working at First Merchants is more than a job. We’re a community bank with local roots and we care about our customers and our employees. When you join our team, you participate in our mission to build financial solutions, provide sound advice and products, and deliver exceptional service.
Our focus on building individual career development plans and providing robust learning and development programs are additional reasons to join the First Merchants team.
If you’re ready to join a local organization that is a leader in the community, take a look at our exciting opportunities. First Merchants is a growing company with new career possibilities forming every day.
As a Service Associate - Hire Ahead you will enjoy competitive pay, performance bonuses and the benefit of working in a supportive team environment. As part of the Reserve Team you will also have the opportunity to work at multiple Banking Centers in your area until your permanent location is determined. You will be reimbursed for mileage for some of your driving if not at your home location. This position allows you to be a valued part of our Retail Banking Team while interacting with our clients and offering beneficial financial services. As a Service Associate - Hire Ahead you will:
- Proactively build rapport with clients by engaging them in conversations.
- Ask questions to identify clients’ financial needs and goals.
- Consult clients on building a more secure financial future by matching individual needs to First Merchants’ products and services.
- Complete routine banking transactions in a supportive team environment.
- Provide dependable service thereby enhancing client loyalty.
- Display patience when interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Complete client transactions accurately according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate balancing of cash drawer.
First Merchants offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan. As a member of our team you will enjoy:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Individual and team performance bonuses
- Tuition assistance (up to 75% of tuition + 50% of books)
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Free premium checking account with a variety of great benefits
Execute on individual sales and service metrics to help the banking center achieve the strategic and tactical plans of the company. Provide high quality customer service by accurately and efficiently completing bank transactions while mitigating risk by following operational procedures as well as identifying products and services to meet the current and future financial needs of bank customers. Exceed personal production goals while delivering a meaningful customer experience.
Direct Management Received:
Under the direct management of the Banking Center Manager (BCM) or Banking Center Customer Service Manager (BCCSM) of assigned home branch location as well as additional supervision by other BCM/BCCSMs depending on work location for the day.
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality customer service within the banking centers.
- Respond to customer requests of everyday monetary banking transactions and process these according to regulations, bank policies and procedures in an accurate and timely manner i.e. cashing checks, deposits, loan payments, change orders and night deposits.
- Accept payments for various types of loans.
- Process non-monetary requests and transactions for customers i.e. stop payments, revocations, address changes, money orders, cashier’s checks, debit cards, check and deposit slip orders within scope of authority.
- Mitigate customer attrition by working with the Banking Center Management team to process customer requests to close checking and savings accounts.
- Resolve customer inquiries and problems within scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide financial solutions to meet the customer’s current needs.
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to continually build customer loyalty and customer advocates.
- Contribute to overall banking center operation at each assigned location.
- Balance cash, daily transactions, TCR, vault and ATM.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, etc.
- Comply with information security policy and customer verification procedures to protect customer privacy.
- Adhere to and participate in completing the branch daily security checklist. Assist with opening and closing banking center.
- Actively participate in a high performing sales environment by seeking opportunities to cross-sell bank products, make customer referrals in response to identified customer needs and other activities to support the retail scorecard goals.
- Utilize the HUB to proactively recommend prompted products and service to the customer.
- Proactively participate in teleconsulting activities to drive business results.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and support the whole bank by making partner referrals.
- Exceed individual sales goals and actively participate to help the banking center exceed scorecard goals.
- Fully engage in the sales management process, including but not limited to daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures in the Banking Center Manual.
- Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
- High performing individuals may serve as a Banking Center Mentor.
- Open new accounts while training for advancement opportunities or serving as a backup role in the banking center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
Deliver a differentiated customer experience by delivering the FMB Gold Standard of Service every day:
- Greet each customer, use the customer’s name, make eye contact, smile and thank the customer for their business.
- Identify customer cues and conduct a needs based conversation with each client to uncover needs and recommend solutions.
- Take ownership of customer inquiries and ensure the appropriate follow up
- Utilize the customer feedback portal on Passageways as a central repository for customer compliments and complaints.
- Adhere to service level agreements by returning calls and e-mails within 24 hours.
- Maintain a professional image detailed in the FMB dress code to include name tag and FMB shield
- Minimize banking center losses by adhering to check cashing guidelines and Associate Balancing Criteria.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in fraud and apply the appropriate level of caution to minimize potential losses.
- Participate in quarterly Banking Center security meetings.
- Attend or proactively seek out the information from the monthly Retail Operations call.
- Comply with information, physical security, and cyber security policies.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, EDD, etc.
- Know and utilize resources when making decisions to minimize loss.
- Follow all bank standard operating procedures.
- Effectively copes with change by shifting gears; makes decisions based on knowledge at-hand; has the ability to move-on if circumstances dictate; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Actively participate in all banking center operational tasks to ensure soundness as measured by the Operational Scorecard.
Complete all assigned compliance training via MyLO.
- Works well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the company.
- Receives and carries out instruction in a positive manner.
- Responds well to balanced feedback from manager and peers.
- Open to learning and coaching; viewed as a team player by being cooperative and collaborative.
- Engages in partnerships across all lines of business to deliver the entire bank to clients.
- Identify referral opportunities and effectively refer business to the appropriate team member to deepen and retain client relationships.
- Achieve 100% of monthly individual referral POINTS goal as assigned in Connections.
- Utilize the HUB to conduct a needs based conversation with each client to uncover needs and recommend solutions.
- Take action 100% of the time on green opportunities and red alerts presented in the HUB.
- Remain current on all changes related to products, services and tools to support the referral process.
- Actively participate in morning huddles, weekly sales meetings, and partnership meetings.
- Actively participates in banking center call events i.e. call blocks, call nights, etc
- Attend relevant sales training i.e., Relationship Referrals, and other training as assigned.
Full Time Mon-Fri, rotating Sat.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Three (3) months of cash handling, sales or related experience.
Other - Ability to obtain Notary Public designation.
Ability to travel daily to banking centers within assigned region until permanent location is determined.
Valid driver’s license and transportation.
Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services.