Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer-Assembly Equipment-Plastics
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-MI-Sterling Heights
- Posted Date
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Develop process concepts and quotes/estimates for Plastic Assembly equipment. Will work with engineering and manufacturing professionals to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease cost.
- Document and maintain policies and procedures for Plastic assembly equipment estimating.
- Estimate costs, production times, and / or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Analyse information to develop efficient process with focus on quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Identify opportunities to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop, improve, and maintain global standards for Plastic Assembly equipment with input from Flex N Gate plant and Equipment Procurement Group.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Understanding of GD&T, part processing, stamped component assembly processes and checking fixtures
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related experience
- 8 to 10 years of experience in managing manufacturing operations and continuous improvement
- 10 plus years Plastic processing background
- Estimating/Quoting Experience
- CAD Experience- AutoCAD, Spinfire, Catia, NX
- Working knowledge of automated plastic assembly systems including; mechanical design, standard build practices, controls systems, debug and tryout.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in Lean Manufacturing.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.