Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Journeyman and Electrical Maintenance Journeyman is to ensure the maintance department works toward reducing downtime and improve the life of the equipment at Ventra Fowlerville. The Maintenance and Electrical Maintenance Journeyman are responsible to fabricate, manufacture, calibrate, recondition and repair of machine tools, jigs, fixtures, punches and gauges used in the manufacture, overhaul, maintenance, and repair of equipment in the Mold, Paint and/or Assembly departments. Cover facility repairs when time permits and assist in mentoring Maintenance Techs and/or Maintenance Helpers as opportunity arises.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery; pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical and/or other identified problems/opportunities.
- Provide mechanical and electrical support to the plant machinery, equipment (hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, etc.), and facility.
- Fabricates sheet metal parts and safety guards for equipment as directed.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools; Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause (schematics comprehension, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Participate in corrective action plan development, implementation and follow-up as issues or problems occur.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as per Maintenance Manager and/or Supervisor’s direction.
- Moves, aligns, level, and installs machinery as business need dictates.
- Assists other skilled trades journeymen as needed.
- Assists with training of Maintenance Tech 3s as assigned.
- Document all activities as required. Able to document work orders, work completed in Maximo.
- Must have ability work overtime when necessary
- Maintain 5S Standards for department.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF, ISO14001, and observe and abide by all regulatory standards regarding safety, environmental and/or all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Initiate continuous improvement ideas, cost saving initiatives. Participate in lean workshops, kaizens, safety training, machine training, robot trainings, etc. as identified by the company.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. At least 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment that offered the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background in machine repair and electrical maintenance.
- A journeyman’s card and/or completed Ventra Fowlerville’s Upgrader program; Able to take direction, learn, and retain knowledge through mentoring and/or book/webinar study as assigned.
- Attention to detail; Skills to determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job without damage to machine, equipment, etc; Obtain and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills; able to work with different levels and classifications of employees and departments as required; Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
- Previous knowledge on machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blue prints, drawings, and models.
- Previous experience with computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities; Develop, plan, and implement short and long-term goals.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Be able to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Be able to safely drive a Hilo and maintain a Hilo license.
- Must be able to perform tasks and deliver high quality meeting or exceeding customer standards.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
- Be able to manage one’s own time with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate 5S standards according to department.
- Can understand and follow plant safety rules and regulations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.