Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery for Steel Stampings Presses.
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Must have experience and able to set up a press
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Must be capable of obtaining crane certification and operation of overhead crane
- Must be capable of obtaining lift truck certification and operation of a lift truck
- Must be capable of loading steel coils up to 50,000 lbs. on to press uncoiler
- Accurately feed steel to press and align steel with press dies
- Must be responsible for ensuring an acceptable first and last off production part
- Must perform fixture checks
- Required to pack parts for operator relief
- Must be responsible for communicating die repairs to Toolshop personnel
- Maintain the posted work standard rates in addition to the die set up and quality control functions
- Operate a transfer press and understand the related press, transfer and auxiliary equipment controls
- Must be capable of adjusting transfer tooling rails for proper set up or run
- Must be capable of receiving further training to improve equipment use skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be capable of training other set up operators when required
- Must be responsible for reporting and/or repairing equipment problems
- Must be familiar with advanced die-protection techniques
- Must be capable of loading and aligning blank stacks to destacker
- Must be capable of destacker change over and adjustments
- Must be responsible for completing related TS documents
- Must be capable of performing all above duties with little or no supervision
- Other duties as required
Must have experience with transfer press set up and operations strongly preferred
Must have experience with Metal Stamping
Ability towork in a fast paced environment
Must be able to work overtime as needed
High School Diploma and or GED
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.