Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Weld Supervisor is in charge of monitoring the weld technicians in welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of our products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuous improvement.
- Addressing flaws in welding equipment in coordination with Maintenance personnel
- Monitor the procedures and work instructions that monitors the welding process is carried out
- Support in making improvements to optimize the performance of welding materials
- Results confirm reports Tear down and monitoring to optimization of welding parameters
- Validate and keep records of the conditions of welding
- Results confirm reports Pry bar and archive, monitor your control
- Analyze and submit proposals for improvements to the performance indicators that apply to welding
- Develop, implement and monitor instructions rework of weld defects taking care to protect the physical integrity of personnel to perform the rework
- Capture and maintain monthly records welding parameters
- Collaborate in the process of continuous improvement of the plant when the process is affected
- Active participation in the implementation, development of systems for Quality, Environmental and Hoshin to achieve the objectives of both systems as well as knowledge of these policies
- Technical Degree in related field or
- Three years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- ISO 14000 system
- Welding Standards
- Reports welding production
- Continuous improvement
- ISO TS 16949 system
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.