Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
US Port of Entry QC Field Inspector
at Fluor Corporation
US Port of Entry QC Field Inspector
City (or Nearest City)
This position provides supervisory services to support the site quality program on projects, typically overseeing quality control activities for multiple disciplines, multiple areas and / or multiple shifts including larger or more complex scopes of work. This position may be under the direct supervision of the Site Quality Manager or, on smaller projects, the individual may be required to perform the duties of a Site Quality Manager. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
• Monitor/inspect project and construction execution by regular surveillance, inspection and/or formal planned audits
• Supervise Quality personnel who perform audit, examination, inspection, surveillance and/or testing activities in accordance with the project quality program
• Ensure that documentation is being completed, signed off, and compiled as the work progresses so as to support turnover and record retention activities at the project site
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• 8 years in building construction supervision on security sensitive project like correctional facilities, airports, nuclear power plants, Ports of Entry and other government or military installations.
• Accredited two (2) or three (3) year Technical or Engineering Technology diploma or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years if there is no accreditation; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• B.Sc. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or related disciplines.
• ISO 9001:2015 Certified Auditor
• Four (4) years of quality assurance/quality control work experience with at least two (2) of those years having supervision experience
• Certification by a recognized authority (i.e. ASNT, AWS, API, NACE) is preferred; note that, as a minimum, personnel who will be performing welding examinations, inspections and/or reviewing of radiographs must be capable of taking and passing Fluor’s internal certifications for visual examiners/inspectors and radiographic interpreters
• Intermediate or expert computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to speak/read multiple languages
Other Job Requirements
• Civil/Concrete/Bridge experience as well as infrastructure, buildings, vertical, construction and utilities
• Familiar with construction methods, building codes, building access and perimeter security systems, ITMS, data communications, CCTV, surveillance and protection systems installations as well as testing and commissioning.
• Act as a Lead Auditor to plan, perform, report quality audits of a variety of construction activities
• Perform physical inspection of a variety of discipline activities which may include but not limited to: welding, piping, civil, concrete, buildings, fixed and rotating equipment, electrical, control systems, coatings, insulation, and non-destructive testing If required, perform the following fundamental responsibilities as a Site Quality Manager:
• Develop the site quality manual for the project, if not already established by the construction global services regional Quality representative
• Provide quality input to site-issued purchase orders or contract bid documents
• Provide construction audit input to the project audit plan and coordinate with the project Quality representative
• Provide training of the site quality program to site personnel
• Provide input to the site manager regarding Quality organization and staffing
• Review and approve contractor quality programs and inspection and test plans submitted per contract requirements; identify appropriate hold or witness points on inspection and test plans
• Assist site manager with resolution of client complaints that are quality-related
• Verify that the site non-destructive evaluation program implemented on site complies with the codes, standards, and specifications
• Determine the need for inspection tools and equipment and establishes proper calibration parameters for these items
• Develop site-specific quality procedures as necessary to support the project
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.