General Fasteners Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Fasteners Company
- 14-Nov-2018 to 13-Jan-2019 (PST)
- Livonia, MI, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for a career with a growing, stable company? If so, then General Fasteners Company is the place for you! We are looking for a qualified Planner for our corporate office in Livonia, MI. We offer competitive pay, full benefits and work in a positive, dynamic environment.
A typical day might include the following:
- Identifying and forwarding to Supply Chain any processed parts to be purchased
- Working with a New Part Coordinator to update MPS/DRP set-ups
- Coordinating with a Production Scheduler to ensure material is scheduled
- Charting monthly inventory dollar's by Planner and send to Lead monthly
- Reviewing Top-20 part numbers per Planner to resolve inventory issues
- Coordinating with Discrepant Material Coordinator to communicate inventory needs for rejected material and replacements
- Reviewing item set-up reports/new parts/safety stock set-up for customer usage vs. demand and accurate destination.
- Processing Planner reports: DRP & MPS Planning Reports, Unreleased Work Orders, Open Work Orders, Frozen, etc.
- Releasing requisitions
- Following up with Suppliers
- Coordinating with Customer Service on inventory issues: slow moving/obsolete material, fluctuation in forecast, customer obligations, inventory turns, days on hand, exceptions, etc.
- Coordinating with Customer Service for updated forecast, communicating and resolving all issues
- Processing first-time buy review and requisition release
- Direct ship authorizations
- Working with Expediting to ensure on-time delivery from suppliers
- Initiating Hot Sheets for Quality and Warehouse
- Reviewing parts for purchase complete and minimum buys with Supply Chain
This job might be for you if you have these skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to establish priorities
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Flexible and able to multi-task effectively
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associate's degree or higher, or 3+ years of related experience
ABOUT GENERAL FASTENERS COMPANY:
General Fasteners Company (GFC) is a privately held, full-service distributor of Fasteners and Assembly Components for manufacturers. For over 65 years, GFC has provided exceptional quality assurance, engineering expertise and inventory management solutions. Customers are serviced through the Corporate Office in Livonia, MI, Advanced Engineering & Testing Center in Madison Heights, MI, as well as twelve regional Distribution Centers throughout the United States and Mexico. For more information about General Fasteners Company visit www.genfast.com