Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Configuration Analyst – Consumer Risk
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
- Configures and develops code to support the Consumer Risk Transformation (CRT) program. The CRT application is built on the FICO Originations Manager platform.
- Build deep application functionality knowledge to assist business users in gaining full benefit of solution.
- Work closely with Release Manager to understand and manage new business requirements.
- Support System configuration to meet business requirements. Understand business customer requests around application enhancements and look for alternatives and best approaches for solving. Translate those requirements into configurable changes in the CRT application.
- Investigate and analyze requests for system changes, both technical and functional. Create specifications for agreed to changes.
- Interface with and assist the support team; work closely with support team to enable both the Configuration and the Support teams to quickly become knowledgeable and self-sufficient.
- Interface with the support team to answer end user queries.
- Exhibit strong and tenacious problem solving skills in processing errors found in the application.
- Examine and interrogate application data to support investigations using tools such as WPS, XML or SQL/Microsoft Access.
- Support application releases following GMF’s system development process.
- Exhibit creative and ‘can do’ problem solving behavior.
- Responsible for coordinating requests with business and IT application stakeholders.
- Coordinate the software release from the product vendor; test and report back any problems to the vendor.
- Manage issues and risks and contribute to issue resolution. Escalate issues and risks as necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor resources and management.
- Develop thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field/application.
- Leads by example as face of IT for the Consumer Risk Team.
- Ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the GMF business.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Knowledge of XML.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Detailed knowledge Systems Analysis methodologies and tools and the software development life cycle (SLDC).
- Detailed understanding of code management process.
- Configuration experience with a COTS package(s). Experience with FICO Originations Manager would be a plus (ie. FICO certified).
- Experience of Automotive Financial Services products an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of credit risk concepts an advantage.
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken form.
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding enhancement requests.
- Ability to act as the team's primary interface between IT and the business sectors and to drive business value through the implementation of application changes.
- Ability to work with the Release Manager to manage release issues and conflicts and contribute to delivery of releases within budget and scope.
- Ability to deliver quality solutions to customers and develop process improvements where applicable.
- Ability to operate with the utmost integrity and consistently display a positive attitude to work and the various challenges encountered.
- Availability to travel internationally for business purposes on a limited basis
Please note that some countries have additional requirements (i.e. mobility requirements, language specifications, legal/migratory specifications, etc.) that might not be listed above. If you are applying internally and want to know more about these requirements please contact TalentAcquisition.SupportIO@gmfinancial.com before submitting your application.