Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk Administration and Strategy Senior Manager
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Risk Management / Insurance
Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Risk, the primary responsibilities of this role are to 1) Facilitate oversight of the LAO and AP markets from a risk administration perspective, leveraging risk expertise to challenge locally generated proposals, 2) Coordinate global risk initiatives across markets and between central and local risk teams; 3) Lead strategic efforts initiated by Risk; 4) Assist SVP in execution of Consumer Risk goals which are aligned to achieve GMF strategic priorities, 5) Manage central team resources responsible for Risk Administration, Governance, Reporting, and Quality.
Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Risk for GMF International Operations, this position will:
- Represent the risk function through interaction with internal and external parties of all levels
- Manage central risk team resources, interacting with local risk resources to achieve objectives
- Oversee key proactive strategic risk efforts to improve risk capabilities
- Lead new market entry efforts for Consumer Risk
- Design and implement risk management strategies, where applicable
- Interact with local market risk leaders / teams to ensure line of sight on local priorities and to facilitate consistency and thoroughness in the approval process
- Oversee IO Consumer Risk reporting resources, including change management of existing reporting processes to leverage new RIW data infrastructure
- Facilitate pricing and new product development
- Develop, design and implement quantification and measurement risk strategies
- Promote the risk culture throughout the company
- 10 years of working experience and 5 years in risk roles.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, etc.)
- Master degree in Risk, Finance, and Business Administration is a plus.
- Fluency and proficiency English
- Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate to individuals and groups effortlessly, including consultative, influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate well with leadership
- Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Knowledge of business processes and key drivers to transform requirements into system deliverables
- Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Methodologies, drivers and strategies about financial risks management.
- Access (intermediate), Excel (advanced) and statistics and data-mining software (intermediate).
- Strong analytic and problem solving skill set
- Ability to provide leadership/coaching to direct reports and others teams related to multiple projects while under heavy deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
- Takes a hands-on approach to project work and is adaptable in terms of style and activities undertaken.