Great Lakes Caring
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Occupational Therapist (OT)
at Great Lakes Caring
- Job ID
- Occupational Therapy (OT / COTA)
Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Occupational Therapist is a registered professional who directs, supervises, evaluates and provides occupational therapy services to patients on an intermittent basis in the home, in accordance with the physician’s orders.
My commitment will include:
- Accurately and completing evaluating the occupational therapy patient to determine the rehabilitation needs and potential for achievement.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the plan of care, which will be the foundation of the care delivery that the patient will receive.
- Ensure quality and continuity of care and proper discharge planning.
- Supervising and/or providing clinical direction to the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), Home Health Aide (HHA), and clinical staff to ensure the therapy plan of care is followed.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum, accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and American Occupational Therapy Association; or eligible for the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Licensure: Current State License showing registration as an Occupational Therapist. Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience: One (1) year experience as an occupational therapist in a clinical care setting or home health preferred.
- Skills: Requires interpersonal skills and ability to learn supervisory skills. Strong verbal & written communication desired.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to make your work meaningful. We help people every day who are in need of our care.
- Competitive compensation (based on experience)
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization and longevity
- NURSECAR? company car program
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing to help you reach your goals
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Since 1994, Great Lakes Caring has dedicated its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.