IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DET Machine Operator I
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Precision Engineering
We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers' equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 50 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico, Brazil and India. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing. We employ a dedicated team of field engineers, sector specialists and key account managers – all committed to providing excellent service to our customers.
IMI Precision Engineering is a global organization with a small company feel. We specialize in providing innovative engineering services, custom design and manufacturing solutions to our customers and are looking for a mechanically inclined assembler to join our team!
This is the first (entry) level of CNC machining center operator. Requires the ability to follow written instructions and read basic blueprint specifications. Operates and adjusts semi-automatic or automatic numerically controlled machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations where programs are provided.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows proper operating procedures and maintains proper records in accordance within plant management system.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Keeps work area in accordance to 5S standards.
- Basic knowledge of operations including: boring and milling.
- Performs checks using variety of gauges and fixtures to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Maintains maximum levels of production through proper operation of machinery.
- Ensure quality parts while minimizing scrap and rework through proper in-process inspection.
- Ensure maximum quality is maintained on all parts being produced through proper use of measuring devices.
- Maintain simple records & production boards.
- Perform basic pre-staged machine set-ups & tool offsets.
- Recognize & resolves tooling wear problems.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED.
- Basic math skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic measurement skills including: calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Basic blueprint reading skills.
Computers and Technology
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of basic computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.