IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. CNC Programmer
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Precision Engineering
Are you passionate about CNC Programming and sharing your knowledge with others?
Joining our team at IMI Precision Engineering will provide these opportunities and many more!
IMI Precision Engineering is a global organization with a small company feel. We specialize in providing innovative engineering services, custom design and manufacturing solutions to our customers.
We are looking for a Sr. CNC Programmer to join our team. This position requires a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys problem solving.
The Sr. CNC Programmer plays a critical role in supporting the manufacturing staff. The Sr. CNC Programmer will perform standard and repetitive sequences of operation to run and adjust semi-automatic or automatic computerized numerically controlled machine tools. The Sr. CNC Programmer will also assist with training and developing entry level machinists and operators.
- Process parts from start to finish in a manner that is optimal for Machine Operator production.
- Must be able to adjust all offsets on the assigned machine tool, including Zero Set offsets on lathes and wear and geometry offset for each tool used. Can also include machine offsets and tool offsets on machining centers or G10 offsets on CNC lathes and machining centers.
- Full editing and writing of programs needed for production of all shop machines assigned by management. Writing to include taking Norgren part print and writing program for all shop machinery, either at the machine or offline; program written must be run to complete a part which meets Norgren quality standards.
- Capable of fixturing all shop machines.
- Ensure parts are programmed to maximize productivity & efficiency.
- Maintain equipment in good working condition by oiling, greasing, and periodically freeing equipment of chips.
- Training of Operators, and Machinists.
- Must understand and have the ability to perform basic maintenance on all machines. To include checking (and filling if needed) coolant levels, way lube or grease levels, grease chucks when needed, and overall housekeeping such as sweeping, mopping, or wiping down machines.
- Capable of backing up Supervisors in their respective areas.
- Responsibility to update existing programs as well as program creation for all shop machinery.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering with setting up new machines for production.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years mid-level programming experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of Machining experience (mill and lathe)
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must have good working knowledge of basic math, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and decimals.
- Must be able to work from written and verbal instructions, as well as blueprints.
- Must be able to use basic inspection gages to include ring & plug thread gages, GO and NOGO gages, Mueller gages, Dial Bore gages, both dial and digital calipers, all types of micrometers, scales, and height gages.
Computers and Technology
- CAM Software (MasterCam, Siemens, FeatureCam)
- Knowledge of Solidworks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.