Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Analyst - Systems and Networking
McKesson is in thebusiness of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually everyaspect of healthcare. At McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, ourPharmacy Management Systems offer customer solutions through three technologysystems: EnterpriseRx, PharmacyRx and Pharmaserv. We automate, streamline andcentralize systems that conveniently convert data into information and servicesthat help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKessonPharmacy Systems & Automationyou act as a catalyst in a chain of eventsthat helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importanceof a system that works together. You'll collaborate on the products andsolutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advancehealthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improveeverything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here isyour opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Hardware implementation for EnterpriseRx, Pharmaserv, and PharmacyRx. This activity includes working incoordination with customers, project managers, trainers and conversions repsfor all hardware setup, peripherals, workstations, and interfaces. As well, this role performs softwareinstallation and configuration for add-on interfaces, label creation andmanipulation, and set up of secondary offerings such as Pharmaserv Chain Hostand Pharmacy Navigator.
- Implement newaccount Hardware for MPS Pharmacy Software Products. This includes servers, workstations, barcodescanners, image scanners, printers, signature pads, biometrics devicesverify/test connectivity, collaboration between vendor and customer (VPN). The work performed for this setup requiressoftware installation and knowledge of drivers, file transfers, general computernetworking, routers/switches, and operating systems.
- Implement newaccount Hardware for MPS Point Of Sale Products. This includes servers, workstations, barcodescanners, thermal printers, signature pads, cash drawer assembly. The work performed for this setup requiressoftware installation and knowledge of drivers, file transfers, generalcomputer networking, routers/switches, and operating systems.
- Implement newaccount Label activity for MPS Pharmacy Software Products. This includes form building / creation usingspecific label tools (depending on product), maintaining form integrity whenchanges are made, label text manipulation for each account based on accountspecifications. Prior to this work,customer consultation is required to capture the specific label requirementsper account.
- Troubleshoot newaccount Hardware and Peripherals for MPS Pharmacy Software Products. This includes settings verification withinthe application and device, test network connectivity via basic networkingtools, and process equipment replacement per established MPS&A process.
- Implementation ofnumerous software application interfaces for MPS Pharmacy SoftwareProducts. Interfaces include, but arenot limited to: Parata, ScriptPro, Kraymes-Staywell, Dispill, Kirby-Lester,Eyecon. Interface setup requirescontinual knowledge of specs for each interface and involves multi-layeredcommunication between teams during setup.
- Projectmanagement, related to the implementation of hardware and software peraccount. For every implementation, thereare at minimum 10 separate tasks that have to be performed at different timesthroughout the implementation. This rolerequires a level of Project Management skill to be successful.
- Other job dutiesas required.
Entry Level Experience
- Prior experience in desktop and networked systems support
- Experience with Customer Service / Support
- Computer Networking experience
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Time management
- Basic SQL knowledge
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Basicknowledge of systems & equipment installations
- Productknowledge - Pharmaserv, EnterpriseRx,PharmacyRx
- ProjectManagement exposure
BS degree or equivalent experience
Microsoft MCP Certificationand/or MCSE and/or A Certification desired
Benefits &Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for theimportant work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitivecompensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence butit says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every singleMcKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whateveryour role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions ofpeople all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business ofhealthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatmentthey need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems &Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improvelives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empowerhealthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualifiedfrom consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equalopportunity and affirmative action employer -minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
No agencies please