MMI Engineered Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Quality Engineer
at MMI Engineered Solutions
- Saline, MI, USA
- Full Time
MMI Engineered Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Customer Quality Engineer to join our Team. Located in Saline, Michigan, MMI Engineered Solutions provides world-class engineering solutions for advanced composites and engineered resins across multiple industries. We engineer innovative ideas for today's complex design and manufacturing issues.
The Customer Quality Engineer position will interface across departments to achieve on-time customer concern responses and related scorecard improvements using team-oriented problem-solving methodologies and effective inter-personal skills.
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K plan with matching
- Track customer concerns response timing and provides timely concern responses.
- Champion team-oriented problem-solving events to identify the root cause(s) and permanent Corrective actions, track implementation and verify effectiveness.
- Document customer concern responses on appropriate customer or MMI-ES problem-solving reporting formats.
- Ensure effective product containment, sorting documentation and resulting product ID.
- Build working relationships with customers and work with them to minimize the impacts resulting from customer concerns.
- Travel to customer sites to perform regular courtesy/relationship building visits, provide follow-up to current issues and support immediate concern reaction support as needed.
- Update Process Flow; PFMEA, and Control Plan for affected jobs and drive lessons learned upstream.
- Perform LPA's as scheduled.
- Update internal performance metrics in support of monthly corporate measurable reviews.
- Work with supporting internal team members to ensure that floor documentation is updated as needed (process books; alerts, quality check sheets
- Minimum five (5) years' hands-on experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control as a problem solving and customer interface champion preferably in the North American Automotive Industry (North American Heavy Truck Industry preferred).
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Engineering or Quality and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (locally and internationally)
- Demonstrated experience/expertise with
o Problem-solving (PDCA, cause & effect, 5 why, Is / Is not, six sigma, Shainin, red "X")
o Problem-solving documentation (i.e. 8D, PRR)
o Statistical calculations (capability, MSA, SPC, Minitab)
o APQP documentation (PFMEA, Control Plan) and its maintenance as it relates to problem-solving
o Blueprint reading and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
o Check-fixture/Gage development, build and measurement systems analysis (MSA)
o Gage instructions development and writing
o Statistical Process Control (SPC)
MMI Engineered Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.