Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacist Per Diem PRN
at Vibra Healthcare
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 10775
Come grow with Vibra Healthcare, where we manage from the bedside up every day. Join a strong, knowledgeable company that values each employee as an individual. Our expanding organization wants compassionate healthcare professionals like you to help us get our patients back to better.
Our hospital offers a series of unique programs and services for patients who require extensive acute care for their recovery. We make caring personal. As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get to know your patients and their families.
Vibra Hospital of Southeastern Michigan DMC Campus in Detroit, MI is seeking a Per Diem Pharmacist to join our team!
This position would service all 3 of our Michigan hospital locations.
Responsible for the filling and dispensing of medication orders, including the proper handling, usage and storage of drugs in the Pharmacy. Maintain standards set forth by the department and translate policies and procedures into daily operations. Responsible for acting as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature. Provides a coordination effort, in conjunction with the medical staff and nursing, in the delivery of quality and cost-effective drug therapies to patients. Participates in the hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Program with a focus on patient safety and public health. Demonstrates a competency to provide pharmaceutical care to patients of all relevant age groups.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a College/School of Pharmacy required.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Pharmacist in the state of employment required.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Previous acute care experienced preferred.
- Automated pharmacy dispensing.
- IV Laminar flow hood.
- Electronic medical records experienced preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.
Please complete an online application!