Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
+RN Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Nurse
at Vibra Healthcare
The Employee Health Nurse is responsible for planning, implementing and executing the employee health program in accordance with current federal, state and local laws and regulations. Maintains records as required. Complies with CDC guidelines, the Joint Commission, and CARF as applicable. Collaborates with Human Resources in the management of worker’s compensation. Monitors employee health practices and procedures throughout the facility to ensure all personnel and medical staff adhere to established policy and procedure. Provides orientation, teaching and coaching on employee health practices and policies to all employees.
The Infection Preventionist, working closely with the Medical and Nursing Directors, is responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, developing, implementing and evaluating the infection control program and activities. Possesses authority and accountability necessary to carry out assigned administrative and surveillance duties. Monitors infection control practices and procedures throughout the facility to ensure all personnel and medical staff are compliant. Develops and implements infection control policies and procedures. Develops systems for identifying, reporting, investigating and controlling infectious and communicable diseases. Provides orientation, teaching and coaching on infection control practices and policies to all employees and medical staff. Evaluates effectiveness of program, gathers and analyzes data and reports outcomes to appropriate committees.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment required.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a healthcare facility required.
- Knowledge of employee health practices and policies required.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious disease, and aseptic technique to include standard/universal precautions required.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- ACLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience as an Employee Health Nurse preferred.
- CIC certification preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Infection Preventionist preferred.
- Technical report writing skills preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.