Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2Nd Shift Material Handler - Laser Department
at Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company
For more than 50 years Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company has fabricated high quality metal parts, from the completed delivery of virtually any type of component, fabrication, or assembly. We are ISO/TS16949:2009 Third Edition Certified with the experience, equipment, and talent to produce virtually any type of assembly, fabrication, or component. We specialize in prototype and short run jobs of 50,000 pieces or less. We have all the necessary tools, machinery and manpower to complete our customer's projects, from initial design to completed parts.
Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company, founded in 1962, has over 70,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in Ferndale, Michigan. Our capabilities include: manufacturing all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals for the automotive, truck, farming equipment, defense, and commercial industries.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• 401K Plan
• Paid Holidays
• STD/LTD Disability Insurance
• Profit Sharing
• Strip and stack finished parts.
• Regularly inspect finished parts to ensure quality goals and zero defect criteria are met.
• Deburr parts.
• Must be able to operate an overhead crane (will train)
• Operate a Hilo (will train)
• Ensure housekeeping duties are a priority. (5’s) area daily.
• Place finished parts into designated containers. Ensure all material is clearly identified and labeled as instructed. All non-conforming product is immediately identified, recorded, quarantined and/or disposed of.
• Immediately inform leader or member of management of any machine malfunction, production quality or safety issues.
• Perform repetitive bending, reaching and lifting actions involving material weighing in excess of 10 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
• Monitor production supplies and material and notify Dept. Leader of shortages prior to running out.
• Operate assigned equipment and ensure production standards and efficiencies are met.
• Additional duties as assigned which may be required from time to time.
• Ability to lift up to and including 100 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
• Ability to see details at close range
• Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp
• Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.