Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract 2D CAD Designer
at Sumitomo Electric Group
SEWS, in Farmington Hills, is seeking a student looking to work part-time as a Cap-H 2D Design Operator. This position is year round while they are attending classes. We will work around school schedule but candidates must be able to work at least 25 hours-30 hours per week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on 2D Cad software—Cap-H. (Capital Harness) for automotive wiring
- Attend Design Review Change meetings with cross functional groups
- Update and track documentation for wiring design changes
- Work with Release Engineers in regards to drawings to meet deadlines
- Have a professional demeanor at all times
- Associates Degree in Design or relative background
- In school ok—will work around classes
- Must be able to work 25/HRs to 30/HRs per week
- Must have MS office software knowledge, Word, Excel…PowerPoint etc.
- Must be able to work with cross functional groups to meet timing deadlines
- Experience with Cap-H (Capital Harness) is a plus
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V