Talmer Bank and Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at Talmer Bank and Trust
- Status Type
- Mortgage Sales
- Location : Location
- Work Hours
- Monday - Friday Saturday as needed
Are you a successful Mortgage Loan Officer? Do you have a passion for helping customers buy their dream home? Chemical Bank has a great set of products for our clients! If this seems exciting, check out the Mortgage Loan Officer role here.
The Mortgage Loan Officer will proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and will establish relationships with business line partners within the organization and external partners to generate referral business. The principle responsibility of the Mortgage Loan Officer is to meet with the customer to determine the best product and terms that will ensure success in the mortgage approval process. This will entail generating a complete mortgage application, ensuring appropriate guidelines and procedures are followed, while meeting sales and quality goals and objectives. Decisions regarding documentation required for approval, fees and terms must be clearly communicated and the customer must leave the application process with proper disclosures and a thorough understanding of the steps that will ensue toward that end. S/he will communicate an outgoing and friendly professional demeanor not only to customers but to staff as well.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
* 1 - 3 Years experience in function
* 1 - 3 Years experience in industry
* NMLS required
* Mortgage Loan Officers that qualify the outside sales exemption status, will be required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week outside of their home and work office(s) engaging with new customers and referral partners.
* Highly motivated and self-starter.
* Proven and documented record of success in mortgage sales.
* Well versed in consultative selling; ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales.
* Knowledge of mortgage products and loan documentation.
* Must have current and relevant mortgage lending experience, knowledge of FHA, Conventional, MSHDA and non-conforming loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities and recommend the best mortgage products based on the customer’s individual needs.
* Develops new business through contacts with realtors, builders, banking centers, and other lines of business referrals.
* Participate in business related development opportunities and community efforts to promote the Bank and generate new business.
* Works with managers and marketing coordinators to develop and implement a sales and marketing plan on an ongoing basis designed to enhance success, and achieve product goal assigned by the Bank.
* Demonstrates a complete understanding of products offered by Chemical Bank and its primary
* Ensure exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
CHEMICAL BANK SUCCESS PROFILE
All team members are expected to exhibit the following competencies associated with our
Corporate Success Profile:
* Customer Dedication
* Community Immersion
* Relationship Building
* Team Player
* Creative Initiative
* High Standards
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Team members in this role should also exhibit the following competencies:
* Job Knowledge
* Organizing and Planning
* Positive Impact
* Mission Focus
* Drive / Energy
* Problem Solving / Decision Making
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities. Visit our Careers Page for more information.
Chemical Bank is an EEO/AA employer for M/F, Veteran, and disabled persons