Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tenneco Inc.
The Purchasing Program Buyer is responsible for providing business unit support, including requests for quotation, new product launch development, leading early supplier involvement, value analysis/value engineering, and leading supplier launch coordination with local manufacturing sites in alignment with global purchasing commodity teams.
- Coordinate supplier new product introductions in support of customer product launches. Provide active representation on the project teams until SOP + 90 days.
- Provide supply material pricing cost summaries to respective product launch teams.
- Utilize supplier selection in alignment with global purchasing commodity strategies and new product performance requirements.
- Coordinate early supplier involvement with product and manufacturing teams. Drive value analysis/value engineering activity during launch phase. Report ESI savings and cost avoidance in TVM database.
- Support respective project prototype purchasing requirements.
- Negotiate technical and/or supply agreements with suppliers involved in "early supplier involvement" to ensure that Tenneco design and developed technology is protected.
- Support improvement of supplier launch procedures to minimize inventory obsolescence and support lean manufacturing needs in alignment with operational expectations.
- Liaison to business units, as required.
- B.S. Degree in a related Business or Technical discipline. Technical education is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' in Program Purchasing, Automotive Industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management or related work environment or demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launches
- Strong leadership skills and team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written across various levels. Fluent in Spanish, plus
- Strong and demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) and knowledgeable of ERP systems (SAP desired).
- Functional understanding of Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, BOMs, ERP, TS16949 and related AIAG practices and standards.
- Ability to interpret and communicate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to travel, including internationally, as required. Previous international business experience desired (LCC preferred).
- Motivated, self starter who is familiar with a range of materials and manufacturing processes; e.g., steel, stamping, forging, machining, casting, cold heading, rubber and plastic.
- Prefer process exposure in high speed manufacturing (in general) with specific lean towards high speed stamping.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launch process (i.e. APQP, project planning, NPIS or equivalent).
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers, engineers, managers, and related; have ability to make reasonable decisions quickly; be a team player to get best economics and quality as an end target.