Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rotational Program - Supply Chain / Purchasing
Starting Location will be at one of DRiV’s facilities located in the United States
DRiV is a unique $6+ billion dollar global start-up company built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Öhlins. Our foundation reaches from the Model T to the Model E, and includes 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our global scale and longtime partnerships with the world's leading manufacturers give DRiV a unique competitive advantage. We are driven to elevate the ride experience through technology and high performance solutions, delivering innovation, quality and unparalleled service to our Aftermarket and OE customers. Our 31,000 team members throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
Rotational Development Program Details
DRiV’s Rotational Development Programs prepare highly talented early-career professionals to assume leadership roles in fast-paced, results-driven disciplines. The programs are designed to equip participants with a broad overview of the company, business units and functional areas with assignments taking place in operations, technical and/ or corporate environments. The program includes two rotations of 18-24 months each. Each rotation will help speed the growth of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to become successful leaders at DRiV. Rotations may require relocation within the United States.
The assignments will increase in their level of responsibility and complexity, and involve working closely with all levels of leadership within the company. A critical component of the rotational program is participation in business and leadership training initiatives, both formal and experiential, to broaden your understanding of DRiV’s business environment. This program also develops critical leadership skills and will establish a professional network needed to support your career growth.
Supply Chain/ Purchasing Rotational Program
Once you start your career in Supply Chain or Purchasing, you will play a vital role in the day to day activities encompassing vendor relationships, supplier quality, sourcing, inventory planning, distribution operations, transportation and logistics. This program is specifically designed to give our new supply chain and purchasing professionals the critical skills and industry experience needed to establish a sound future of success and development. Upon completion of the rotational program, these employees will have the knowledge and "real world" experience needed to make informed decisions about their future career progression. Before you consider a career in Supply chain / Purchasing with DRiV, can you answer yes to all of these questions?
- Do you desire to work in a purchasing or supply chain position for a global manufacturing company?
- Do you enjoy working in a team environment to problem solve?
- Are you looking for the challenge of working for an industry leading company with unlimited career potential?
- Are you excited to move from the theory of a classroom to the reality of a global organization?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, the following are just some of the parts of your new assignment:
What you’ll be doing:
- Exposure to all aspects of the supply chain and purchasing function
- Interface with supply chain’s and purchasing’s internal customers and external suppliers
- Working on projects to improve performance within the supply chain
- Identify opportunities to improve processes in the purchasing and supply chain functions
- Working with purchasing leaders to source the best vendors to meet DRiVs needs
- Working with suppliers to ensure flawless quality and on-time delivery
- Gain understanding of products, processes and people by working with manufacturing and distribution
- Help to development commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation.
- Research materials and suppliers to develop an expertise related to the commodity supported.
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers to ensure RFQ timelines are met.
- Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ documents.
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall cost competitiveness.
- Make sourcing recommendations based upon RFI and RFQ results.
- Understand supply base and how they fit into the purchasing strategies and commodity strategies.
- Identify cost saving opportunities within supply base through effective sourcing strategies and pricing negotiations.
- Forecast future demand by using the latest statistical forecasting software
- Ensure customer fill rate expectations are met while maintaining inventory levels & turns
- Actively manage product lifecycles of over thousands of SKU’s -Detect and resolve potential supply disruptions
- Manage re-order points, lot sizes, lead times, etc. with the supply base
- Prepare, report, and communicate inventory metrics to management team
- Participate in various Supply Chain Projects supporting the Distribution Network realignment, new product launches, MRP system upgrade to SAP, etc.
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing or related field (i.e. Business Administration, Industrial Operations, etc.) with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Current Class Level: Senior or Graduate.
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. (No sponsorship is available for these positions)
- Interest in automotive industry
- Co-op or internship assignments required
- One supply chain or purchasing related internship experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside of the educational setting
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Experience in a leadership role; guiding and directing a team towards a common goal
- Basic understanding of financial principles
- Required to relocate up to 2 times within the first 4 years of employment
- Southfield, MI
- Skokie, IL
- Maryville, MO
- Boaz, AL
- Smithville, TN
- Glasgow, KY
- Smyrna, TN
- Maryland Heights, MO
- Lake Forest, IL
- Harrisonburg, VA
- Paragould, AR
- Kettering, OH