The Henry Ford
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Steward (part time)
at The Henry Ford
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 154
Openings as of 3/20/2019
- Banquet Steward (part time) JobID: 154
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
The Henry Ford Banquets-Steward (part-time position)
- Adheres to The Henry Ford and the banquet department rules and policies always
- Pull and deliver all required linen, skirting, tables, chairs and other heavy equipment to event space.
- Transports equipment from site to site and handles and stores all banquet equipment properly and with care.
- Set up event space with all tables and chairs before event begins, and then tear down at the end of the event.
- Set-up all bussing / breakdown areas / tray jacks & trays neatly before the event begins.
- Break down bussing trays of service items, sort into proper dish racks / glass racks.
- Rinse and wash all glassware, flatware, dishes, and trays. Send these items through dish machine, following proper sanitation guidelines. Also, ensuring complete cleanup of dish area at the end of the night, including breakdown and cleaning of dish machine.
- Take all clean dish racks and glass racks to proper storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness of all banquet areas, including taking out garbage, sweeping and mopping floors, straightening the Blacksmith shop and all other storage areas before shift ends.
- Perform other activities as necessary.
- Acts as a team player, providing expertise within the team and with other team members, as appropriate
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Responsible for servicing all banquet events and for set-up and tear down of all banquet facilities.
High School diploma preferred. Must be flexible in hours and scheduling. Available up to seven days a week, daytime and evening, holidays and weekends.
Must be a hardworking team player who can take the initiative to prioritize work duties.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
Lifting: Up to 75lbs
Repetitive Motions: Frequent
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequent
Vision: Normal with or without glasses
Mental: Must be able to endure long hours of physical labor and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Environment: Varied in temperature based upon the location of the event and season.