The Henry Ford
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Purchasing Agent (PART TIME)
at The Henry Ford
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 553
Openings as of 3/22/2019
- Purchasing Agent (PART TIME) JobID: 553
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
The Henry Ford Purchasing Agent (PART-TIME position)
- Works on all components of purchasing goods, materials, and services for The Henry Ford, Henry Ford Academy, Giant Screen Experience, and Ford Rouge Factory Tour. Work includes preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, equipment, and services. Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and budget numbers and assists in management of institutional blanket Purchase Orders.
- Facilitates order tracking, returns, delivery inconsistencies, etc., for purchasing process.
- Responsible for procurement and maintenance of institutional office supply stock, toner, paper, etc. for all departments.
- Assesses organizational needs and identifies opportunities to affect cost savings through the use of competitive bidding, volume purchasing, and other purchasing procedures.
- Negotiates purchase contracts and pricing. Sources best product or service based on multiple submitted bids.
- Develops, creates, and maintains computerized and standard file systems in multiple document formats of procurement information. Analysis includes but is not limited to copiers, institutional clothing, calendars, cleaning, light bulbs, furniture, etc.
- Communicates with account representatives to ensure the organization receives fair and best available pricing based on non-profit cooperative purchasing agreements.
- Produces departmental communication and letters, develops RFQ’s, and administers contracts as required. Coordinates administrative duties, assists with mail distribution, and arranges meetings and appointments. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned, including data entry, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Establishes account credit and terms, and gains and tracks Certificate of Insurance from contractors performing onsite work.
- Tracking daily credit card use and reconciliation monthly of credit card statement.
- Assists with development and list of property disposition via eBay or other.
- Performs other activities and special projects as necessary.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all problems, issues, and opportunities. Provides expertise within the team and with other teams as appropriate.
*Note: Please upload cover letter and resume to the online application
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Responsible for providing purchasing and administrative support for Procurement and Distribution including contributing to development and implementation of services and procedures.
Requires high school education or equivalent; some college or post-high school classes preferred; above average computer skills.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, computer proficiency, excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of basic office procedures, ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced office environment. Knowledge of creation and maintenance of spreadsheets desirable.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
Standing: Constantly- Ability to walk long distances in temperature and weather extremes
Lifting: Occasionally- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Carrying: Occasionally- Delivery of supplies and Materials
Repetitive Motions: Occasionally
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Occasionally
Normal; Concentrated attention for extended periods of time (computer usage)
Ability to work independently, problem-solve and prioritize. Must be able to multi task and facilitate concurrent projects and resource allocation.
Frequent exposure to extremes of weather and environmental conditions, including dust, mold, chemicals, and cleaning solutions.