The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Regular Full-Time
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN DETROIT, MICHIGAN.
- Conduct in-depth intake interviews with newly admitted beneficiaries to identify issues/needs in recovery.
- Assist beneficiaries to understand and overcome social and emotional problems, through weekly individual/group counseling, maintaining a spiritual/Biblical foundation upon which addiction issues are addressed.
- Assess spiritual needs of beneficiary and address/introduce the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to recovery.
- Prepare and facilitate at least one class per week, and additional classes whenever required and/or necessary.
- Design and manage individual rehabilitation plan for beneficiary. Utilize the program offered by the ARC that includes all requirements and elements, as well as outside resources when necessary.
- Monitor beneficiaries to evaluate effectiveness of rehabilitation program and adjust plan as needed.
- Secure appropriate background information from other agencies and institutions. File case material as it is reviewed, record counseling case notes in a timely fashion.
- Support work therapy duties and assignments as part of the program.
- Plan for and participate in intra-agency conferences on individual beneficiaries as needed. Provide monthly updates to judicial agencies.
- Meet with MRS and/or DRS on a regular basis and as requested to review case notes and teaching material.
- Develop and implement special projects, programs and services as assigned by the Manager or Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Attend all program staff meetings and case conferences.
- Provide statistical information to the personnel responsible for the preparation of the monthly reports.
- Understand and assist with Crisis Intervention whenever necessary.
- Participate in In-Service Training and local seminars/workshops to enhance counseling skills.
- Work successfully and in unity with all departments of the ARC.
- Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum B.A. degree from accredited college or university plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training in addictions counseling is preferred. Must have knowledge of counseling principles and protocol.
Minimum three years clean time, if in recovery.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional journals and reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from beneficiaries, agencies, or the community. Abilities to effectively present information to administration, beneficiaries, and/or public groups.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of materials furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Abilities to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Computer skills in Microsoft Office and data management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CADC or CAADC is preferred.
Must possess a willingness to address spiritual needs, such as repentance, forgiveness and salvation.
Must know and be willing to use Biblical/Christian teachings as the primary approach to long term recovery.
Must be willing to work late nights and/or weekends, supporting Work Therapy program and requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision.
Office work environment with quiet noise level.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.