The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Thrift Store Dock Workers
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
This position is located at our Clarkston, Michigan family thrift store.
PART TIME AND FULL TIME AVAILABLE.......APPLY IN PERSON.
- Must be able to power sort quickly and efficiently into appropriate categories as outlined in the Store Manager-in-Training manual.
- Organize all incoming and outgoing material to either the appropriate cost center or warehouse.
- Clean dock areas as directed by the Dock Supervisor.
- Communicate with Dock Supervisor on selection of product, ensuring the best possible distribution of materials for highest resale value.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Know how to properly and safely operate a pallet jack.
- Must provide good donor service.
- Should be able to properly fill out a donation receipt.
- Use back guard provided when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
- Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum continuing high school education, graduated high school or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to speak effectively to employees of work area.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hear, see or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.