Tower International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tower International, Inc.
Provide leadership, direct and manage plant accounting and finance team and support departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
• Responsible for the development, performance feedback, direction and leadership of all accounting/finance colleagues in the plant including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
• Provide direction and leadership to department colleagues consistent with plant business plan goals.
• Serves as a member of the plant leadership team.
• Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting colleagues within the department.
• Responsible for driving and developing progressive financial systems and processes that will aid and influence sound business decisions.
• Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
• Direct and drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer problems / issues.
• Provide plant input into quoting and business development activities (ex. pricing, program management, plant capacity, etc.)
• Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Provide key input into the development of the plant’s strategic business plan along with identifying key measurable to support the plant business goals.
• Develop and drive departmental strategy and goals and set clear, attainable objectives for self and staff.
• Responsible for the plant’s operational and general accounting support.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including audits and operating and financial statements.
• Responsible for the development of the plant annual and monthly budgets, forecasting, cost analysis and balance sheet reconciliation.
• Responsible for completion of detailed financial audit, account and variance analysis, and financial analysis.
• Responsible for fixed asset and tooling project tracking, inventory reconciliation and engineering change quotes.
• Responsible for corporate reporting requirements and preparation of profit plans.
• Ensures compliance with GAAP, SEC and Company reporting requirements.
• Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
• Consults with department managers to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long range planning.
• Oversee plant-manning levels and assure compliance and improvements to the budget.
• Comply and oversee compliance with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in the performance of daily activities.
• Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws. Assists with the creation of acceptable standards in Finance.
• Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Associate Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Area Controller and dotted line to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with the Operations, Materials, Quality, Plant & Corporate Engineering Departments. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with Human Resources, IT and Maintenance. May also interface with Customers and Suppliers.
• Provides direct leadership and supervises the Accounting/Finance staff.
• Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
• Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of seven years experience with financial/manufacturing systems.
• Certified Public Account and/or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
• Strong understanding of financial systems, Manufacturing systems, general ledger, standardized cost accounting, along with budgeting and forecasting is required.
• Hands on experience in audit procedures and processes, financial reporting, accounting and variance analysis and continuous improvements is also critical.
• Fluency with QAD (or similar integrated manufacturing system).
• Knowledge of Hyperion a plus.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to mentor and teach effective problem solving skills.
• Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.