Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Chief for Auto Manufacturer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
- Provides day to day supervision of security staff at assigned site(s).
- Inspects, evaluates risks and ensures adequate coverage for client sites. This includes compliance with post orders, associated regulations and the Global Security/Fire Prevention and Protection Manual.
- Advises management on reactions to emergency situation and ensures subordinates respond appropriately.
- Interfaces with Plant/ Site management to discuss security/ fire services provided, identifies problem areas, provides recommendations for security solutions and takes corrective action.
- Ensure schedules are developed to meet client requirements.
- Assists in the selection, orientation, development and retention of staff in compliance with Government regulations.
- Ensures security staff is trained to Client requirements.
- Follows-up with other members of the Division/Group/Regional Security team to discuss progress and related issues, assuring deadlines are met and consistency of practices exists.
- Conducts required/ dedicated site assessments to ensure Client compliance and provides recommendation on operations, policy and technology applications to plant management.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory and fire prevention requirements and safety items assigned by Client.
- Develops/ maintains/ coordinates effective communications with outside emergency agencies.
- Ensures the correct and consistent administration of the Client /Supplier Service Agreement. Ensures compliance with all Client Labor Agreements.
- Assures compliance with applicable section of Global Security Manual as well as the supplier Standard Operating Procedures and Policy manual.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner. Responds to all site emergencies and directs Security Activities. Ensures shift security staff responds and reacts appropriately via site procedures and Supplier/ Client Policies and Procedures.
- Responds to fire emergencies at the site as part of the site Fire Brigade and assist and/or attempt to extinguish incipient stage fires utilizing Extinguishers and Fire Hose Reel.
- Assures that all fire and security incidents are reported into AIMS and forwarded to the designated personnel. Identifies trends and ensures that appropriate corrective action is communicated and taken. Completes and provides follow up as needed.
- Maintains basic first aid and CPR certifications.
- Insures Hot Works Permits are properly administered and maintained.
- May supervise security staff in fire functions.
- Reports to Site Management.
- Four year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience (depending on size/scope of client).
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.