Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Specialist Armed for Top Auto Manufacturer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
The Account Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of an assigned account, including hiring, training, disciplining and terminating staff. Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees: develop & retain staff; coordinate needed support services and solve problems to effectively run the account. Meet or exceed financial & operational goals; provide quality customer service. Maintains or oversees maintenance of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel. Provides after-hour emergency response as required.
- Supervise the day to day security operations of an assigned client site
- Manage a team of security officers, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support
- Ensure the client site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
• Provides day to day supervision of security staff at assigned site(s).
• Provides Executive Protection services when required.
• Inspects, evaluates risks and ensures adequate coverage for General Motors sites. This includes compliance with post orders, associated regulations and the General Motors Global Security/Fire Prevention and Protection Manual.
• Advises management on reactions to emergency situation and ensures subordinates respond appropriately.
• Interfaces with Plant/ Site management to discuss security/ fire services provided, identifies problem areas, provides recommendations for security solutions and takes corrective action.
• Ensure schedules are developed to meet General Motors requirements.
• Assists in the selection, orientation, development and retention of staff in compliance with Government regulations.
• Ensures security staff is trained to General Motors requirements.
• Follows-up with other members of the Division/Group/Regional Security team to discuss progress and related issues, assuring deadlines are met and consistency of practices exists.
• Conducts required/ dedicated site assessments to ensure General Motors compliance and provides recommendation on operations, policy and technology applications to plant management.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory and fire prevention requirements and safety items assigned by General Motors.
• Develops/ maintains/ coordinates effective communications with outside emergency agencies.
• Ensures the correct and consistent administration of the General Motors /Supplier Service Agreement. Ensures compliance with all General Motors Labor Agreements.
• Assures compliance with applicable section of General Motors Global Security Manual as well as the supplier Standard Operating Procedures and Policy manual.
• Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Four year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience (depending on size/scope of client).
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.