Wayne County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wayne County Schools
Openings as of 3/20/2019
Elementary School Teaching
- Music Teacher JobID: 5545
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/Music - Instrumental
- Date Posted:
Redford Service Learning Academy
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Elite School Management -
The teacher is responsible for communicating knowledge to students in an interesting, stimulating and effective manner using a variety of instructional methodologies and curriculum resources to present material to students.
1. Administer different forms of student assessments
2. Communicate with parents and other team members about student progress and plan for future instruction
3. Maintain accurate records to document student performance to include attendance, grades and behavior
4. Integrate technology into teaching and professional activities
5. Design, implement and evaluate service learning projects
6. Collaborate with grade level team members on curriculum and student needs
7. Create and maintain effective communication with parents
8. Work on curriculum development in addition to implementation
9. Integrate technology into instructional program and demonstrate professional use
10. Serve on at least one building-level committee
11. Act as a coach to other teachers on the team in areas of personal expertise related to technology integration
12. Mentor and tutor students as needed
13. Implement a service learning project each year
1. Perform similar or other related duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree required in related field
2. Teacher certification required
3. A coherent, high-quality essay written in response to a question (career history)
4. Positive recommendation from several individuals who know the candidate well
Annual Performance Reviews are based on essential functions including but not limited to additional responsibilities, attendance and adherence to school policy & practices.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and/or stand for 8 hours or more. May have to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DSLA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. DSLA will not discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.