Wayne County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wayne County Schools
Openings as of 3/22/2019
- Secretary II JobID: 12740
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Dearborn Schools District Wide
- Closing Date:
Dearborn Public Schools - Secretary II - Smith - 10 months - 8 hours. Must be orally proficient in Arabic.
DEARBORN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
PROFESSIONAL STAFF POSITIONS
TITLE: Secretary II
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Good personal appearance with avoidance of extremes in dress and actions.
3. Ability to pass typing test at 35 wpm.
4. Ability to pass Grammar, Spelling, Math, Office Filing/Sorting, Proofreading, Word Processing and Excel Spreadsheet tests at 70%.
5. Knowledge of electronic communication including google.
RELATIONSHIPS: Specified by Personnel upon assignment to a department or school building.
JOB GOAL: Provide clerical and administrative support to district personnel as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * 1. Maintain cheerful and friendly telephone and face to face contact with the general public and students.
* 2. Keep informed regarding all school activities.
* 3. Provide accurate information to the general public and students regarding school services and related programs.
* 4. Refer individual inquiries to immediate supervisor for problem-solving, proper information and/or services.
*5. Must have good judgment; be able to maintain confidentiality; be dependable and honest; and maintain a professional attitude toward the whole organization.
*6. Must be willing to be a team player.
*7. Make appointments for supervisor.
*8. Perform and support all duties of lower classification.
*9. Assume responsibility for the prompt and accurate performance of
work where delays and errors would result in direct impairment of
service to the public.
*12. Provide assistance to administrative superiors in handling public
contacts and complaints.
*13. Maintain student records in MiStar.
*14. Word process letters, bulletins, and reports.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EMPLOYMENT: 10 months – 12 months depending upon assignment, DFSE Salary Schedule
* indicates essential functions of the job